“Summer is coming!” Since we Northerners identify most with Game of Thrones’ Stark family, it was only natural we tweaked their slogan to fit this new section here at Chescandinavia. And as it in the series describes the coming of the inevitable, so does this. Silly season is here. We will do our best to keep you updated on Valencia’s share of news, rumors and lies.
Nani (Winger/Striker – Fenerbahce) €8,5 Million
Álvaro Medrán (Midfielder – Real Madrid) €1,5 Million
Name (Position – Club)
– Raúl Albiol: Widely expected to sign a new deal with Napoli. Valencia reportedly make last attempt.
– Martín Montoya: Valencia have interest in the full back and his name came up during negotiations with Barcelona for Andre Gomes
– Fabian Schär: The Hoffenheim defender is linked with Valencia for the third summer running. Didn’t enjoy the best of seasons with the Germans, but had a very good EC.
– Vedran Corluka: The Lokomotiv Moscow defender is a new name on the list. An experienced alternative for the defence
– Martín Cáceres: Offered to Valencia. On free transfer after some injury problems at Juventus the last few years.
– Javier Manquillo: Atletico demand 10 million for the defender who has had two rather unsuccessful loans
– Roque Mesa: The Las Palmas midfielder proved to expensive for Sevilla, and there’s interest from Premier League in addition to Valencia’s
– Vicente Iborra: Typically mentioned along with Sevilla’s interest in Parejo. Said himself he plans to stay at Sevilla.
– Sergi Samper: Discussed with Barcelona. Likely to have to be a loan.
– Jesé: Mentioned during Madrid’s interest in Andre Gomes. Interest continues but the player primarily wants to stay
– Jorge Meré: The young Sporting defender is looked upon as a very promising talent having established himself in the first team at the age of 19. Linked again July 23rd.
– Filip Kostic: Joined Hamburg
– Amadou Diawara: Likely to join Roma
– Joao Moutinho: Monaco willing to offer him in a deal for Parejo according to SER
– Nacho: The Real Madrid defender was a topic when Valencia closed the Medrán deal with Real Madrid
– Raúl Albentosa: Signed for Deportivo
– Gustavo Gómez: The Paraguyan central defender has been heavily linked with Valencia over the last few days with the Lánus president admitting offers from Spain and the player’s agent claiming Valencia is among them. Described as a very interesting prospect.
– Héctor Herrera: Reports claimed that Valencia were in for the Mexican midfielder rumored not to be to Nuno’s liking at Porto. The price is likely very high if he’d leave, while Porto seems to want to keep him.
– Federico Barba: Empoli defender who spent the season at Stuttgart. Wanted by Lazio, and presumably by Valencia if reports are to be believed. Represented by Emiliano Moretti’s brother.
– Hirving Lozano: Mexican starlet winger of 20 years who was related to Valencia among a number of teams
Andrija Zivkovic: Mentioned as an alternative to Kostic and claimed to be available on free transfer after his contract with Partizan will expire. Signed for Benfica – Halilovic (Midfielder – Barcelona) Joined Hamburg
Denis Cheryshev: (Winger – Real Madrid) Signed for Villarreal
– Daryl Janmaat: The Dutch right back is very likely to leave Newcastle in the summer and is supposedly available for some less than €10m. Several teams interested.
– Pablo Sarabia (Midfielder – Getafe) Joined Sevilla
– Borja Bastón: (Striker – Atletico Madrid) Injured and likely to stay at Atletico
– Marcos Asensio: Real Madrid midfielder loaned to Espanyol with success this season has options to stay at the Bernabéu, but if not Sevilla, Villarreal, Espanyol and Valencia are mentioned as possible destinations
– Christian Tello: The Barcelona winger is mentioned as a potential Feghouli replacement. The player is said to be keen on returning to Spain after two years abroad at Porto and Fiorentina. The Italians try to convince him
– Christian Santos: Venezualan striker at NEC who was recently called up for Copa America. Scored 16 goals this season and is 27 years old. Available for free.
– Marc Bartra: Barcelona were reportedly willing to offer the defender in a deal for Mustafi. Signed for Dortmund
– Simone Zaza: Juventus reportedly offered the former Sassuolo striker as a part of a potential Andre Gomes bid.
– Victor Ibarbo: The Colombian revealed he had several offers while interviewed on the radio, among them were Valencia, he claimed.
– Florian Thauvin: The Newcastle owned winger is likely to leave after being loaned back to France in the winter window having joined in summer. Valencia named among interested parties.
– Rafael Tolói: Central defender playing his trade in Brazil. Tuttomercatoweb claim Valencia hold an interest
– Pedro Bigas: The Las Palmas central defender is rumored by papers in the Canary Islands to be high up on Suso Pitarch’ list
– Morales: Levante winger who has impressed despite our neighbours’ rather hapless season
– José Callejón: The right winger is rumored to be a target for Valencia. His agent is García Quilón who is a close friend of Suso Pitarch. The interest from the club is quite certain, while the interest of Napoli and the player is more uncertain. Signed a new deal with Napoli
– Serdar Aziz: According to Turkish media the captain central defender is of interest to Valencia. Priced around 8 million euros
– Roberto Pereyra: Italian sources claim Juventus offer the Argentine in exchange for Mustafi
– William Carvalho: Onda Cero list of potential Valencia targets. The defensive midfielder linked to several clubs over several years.
– Ezequiel Garay: The Argie defender linked with Valencia for the 3rd consecutive year
– Bernardo Silva: The Monaco winger was rumored to have been bought by Meriton along with Joao Cancelo and Andre Gomes, but ended up in the ministate
– Ruben Neves: Defensive midfielder of Porto, the Portuguese greats youngest ever captain and a highly sought player
– Ignacio Camacho: The Malaga defensive midfielder is rumored to be wanted by both Valencia and Liverpool. Málaga have secured the full rights of the player, increasing the price and the probability of him staying or going to the Premier League.
– Nolito: according to El Desmarque, Valencia have asked Celta about the winger. Again….Signed for Barcelona
– Franck Honorat: Nice (the team…) striker with 0 goals in 6 matches as a sub, picking up a yellow card and no goals. Considered a talent.
– Rodrigo Betancur: Uruguayan midfielder who is considered a huge talent and in the process of being acquired by Jorge Mendes
– Fabián Orellana: Celta midfielder with a great season behind him.
– Tucu Hernández: Another Celta midfielder who Valencia have followed
– Martín Gastón Demichelis: Linked as Manuel Pellegrini was linked with the manager’s job. The Chilean’s right hand on the pitch
– Manu Trigueros: Valencia asked about the Villarreal midfielder, but this is surely impossible.
– Dimitri Payet: Yeah right.
– Isaac Succes: Joined Watford
– Gustavo Cabral: Linked with Valencia as long as he was on an expiring contract. New deal believed to be signed.
– Nikolas N’Koulou: Defender from Marseille who has been linked to Valencia and a host of other clubs over time. Told L’Equipe he will only consider his options after the season. Signed for Lyon
– Gonzalo Rodríguez: The ex-Villarreal man has been the captain of Fiorentina. Suso has shown interest for his situation. Looks set to sign a new contract.
Matio Götze: Joined Dortmund
– Yunus Malli: Strong season in Bundesliga and is wanted by PL teams as well as Valencia who followed him for a while
– Alfred N’Diaye: Joined Villarreal
– Petros Matheus: Also a Betis midfielder scouted by Valencia
– Juan Mata: Supposedly wants a Spansih return and if Mou joins United, he will surely leave
– Tony Sanabria: Joined Betis – Michy Batshuayi: Offered, but price an obstacle. Signed for Chelsea – Emanuel Mammana: Linked to Valencia since last season. Destined for a great future at the heart of the defence.Signed for Lyon
– Rubén Neves: The Mendes controlled Porto captain. Not likely, unless Mendes wants it so.
– Eliaquim Mangala: Yet again linked with Valencia. Probably not the Guardiola mold. Turned down Valencia twice.
– Miguel Veloso: Expiring contract and might be tempted to try Spain. Have not had the expected progression in his career
– Sofiane Boufal: Mediapunta who is mentioned in many rumor mills, with Valencia as one of many many interested parties.